The Mixing it Up in the Urban Garden 2015 conference was a huge success! The conference SOLD OUT at over 250 registrants. No one left disappointed.
- Mixing it Up Program (see link below)
Speaker Presentations and Additional Information:
Community Gardens: Always Changing the ‘scape - Jim Harris
- See Jim's Slide Presentaion (below)
- Read the Douglas Island Garden Society Blog at: http://www.digsgarden.blogspot.ca/
- Check out the database of edible and medicinal plants on the Plants for a Future website at: http://www.pfaf.org/
Sex in the Garden: Botanical Sexuality that is! - Lyndon Penner
- See Lyndon's Slide Presentation (below)
Permaculture: Adding the Layers - Jessica Bloom
- Visit Jessi's website at: http://nwbloom.com/
- See Jessi's photos on Pinterest at: https://www.pinterest.com/jessibloom
Native Plants: Keeping it Natural - Louise Goulet
- See Louise's Slide Presentation (below)
- See Louise's Plant list at: http:// https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B49GfU2YJotmR05QZ2ltcmNpYTA&usp=sharing
- Find advise about gardening in our Garry Oak Ecosystems on the Garry Oaks Ecosystems Recovery Team website at: http://www.goert.ca/
A Horticulturalsits Perspective....Changing Patterns, Trends & Strategies - Keynote - Martin Galloway
- See Martin's Slide Presentation (below)
Comments from participants and vendors:
“Total event was well done (as were the previous two).”
“Enjoyed the diversity of talks.... great speakers.”
“Great opportunity to network”.
“Always a fantastic event ..... well organized.”
Thank You to ALL of our Conference Supporters :
Victoria MG’s, conference delegates, vendors, resource groups, silent auction donors, local businesses and garden clubs.
We couldn’t have done it without you!
The next Mixing it Up in the Urban Garden Conference is scheduled forJanuary 28, 2017. Please mark your calendars! We look forward to seeing all of you there.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like information on future events, including Mixing It Up 2017!