- REGISTRATION: ONLINE ONLY – REGISTRATION OPEN NOW CLICK HERE
- The Prince George Chapter welcomes you to the North for the 2016 MGABC AGM.
- We hope you will make the drive or catch a flight to visit us in September.
- We have a full, fun and interesting weekend planned for you.
- Local members are available to greet you at YXS if required.
- Where to Stay info is at the end of this page.
Friday evening 6 pm: Wine & Cheese at the home and garden of Grace Morrice
Saturday Tour 8:30‐3:00:
- Includes the Prince George Farmers’ Market, city gardens at nearby Connaught Hill,
- a bag lunch and garden tour, and a tour of the Northern Lights Estate Winery.
- The winery produces a good selection of fruit wines and grows a wide variety of fruits on site.
- We will travel together by bus, though car is optional.
- SATURDAY BAG LUNCHES FOR THE TOUR WILL BE PROVIDED. ( This is an example of your choices which you will make during online registration ) Roasted Beef Sandwich Roasted Vegetable Sandwich Chicken Caesar Wrap Gluten Free (Sandwich only) Other food allergies please note in comments box during registration
FEE: $25.00 PER PERSON REGISTRATION: ONLINE ONLY – REGISTRATION OPENS AUG. 1, 2016
Saturday Night Dinner- optional- a fun way to meet other members!
Sunday Agenda: University of Northern British Columbia, 3333 University Way, Prince George
- 9:30 Registration and coffee (Board Meeting)
- 10:00 Welcoming Remarks ‐ Linda Naess, President, David Douglas Botanical Garden Society
- 10:15 MGABC AGM – President Lynne Chrismas
- 11:30 DDBGS Water Feature Presentation – Norm Monroe
- 12:00 Lunch – followed by tour of DDBGS garden on campus
- 1:30 Keynote Speaker – Kevin Cormack “Enhancing Fertility through Soil and Garden Design”
- 2:30 Upcoming Botanical Garden Project Plan – Jay Lazzarin, Landscape Architect SUNDAY LUNCH may be purchased at the UNBC Dining Hall or Thirsty Moose Pub on campus. www.dineoncampass.ca/unbc/menus/locations
Kevin Cormack‐ Keynote Speaker
“Enhancing Fertility through Soil and Garden Design” Kevin will discuss soil amendments along with design to enhance nutrient distribution.
Kevin Cormack is a Certified Crop Advisor currently working as Agronomy Sales Manager, GlenDale Agra Services, Vanderhoof BC. He has worked as the Agronomy Manager for Cargill Ltd in the Peace region of Alberta and Agronomist for a Coop in Manitoba. Kevin has studied post secondary in both Animal Science at Massey University in NZ along with Soil Science from Olds College in Alberta. He has a Permaculture Design certificate, studied Biodynamics and currently is completing an Organic Master Gardener course here in British Columbia. Kevin has a wealth of experience from developing irrigation systems in Israel to permaculture design instructor, Halal goat breeder, and horticulturalist in Australia.
Where to Stay A best room rate has been provided by the Days Inn, 600 Quebec St. PG at $99/nt with two double beds, complimentary continental breakfast and free parking. You are responsible for your own booking. Use Promo Code L12. We are unable to hold rooms after September 1 but you may still register with the Promo Code L12 for this rate if rooms are available. The hotel is just three blocks from the Farmers’ Market which will be the departure point for our Saturday tour. The Ramada Inn and Coast Inn of the North are also downtown if you prefer, but at higher rates.