Native Plant Study Group UVIC MacLaurin Bldg Rm D-228
UVic, MacLaurin Bldg, Rm D-228
Cost: Members FREE Non-Member drop-in by donation / Students FREE
Notes: $3.00 for parking at UVic
Along with a friend, you are welcome to bring
– Any and all questions about native plants or native plant gardening for the Question Jar
– Loonies/toonies for treats and tea at the refreshment break
– Box to carry home lots of native plants & seeds available by raffle $1/ticket or $2 for 3 tickets
– Travel mug or coffee mug for refreshments
– Potted and labelled native plants or items of interest for the raffle
– Some cookies or other shareable treats for 3 free draw tickets!
7:00-7:20 Meeting, Question Jar and Announcements
7:20-7:30 Refreshment Break
7:30-8:30 Presentation by Speaker (includes questions)
8:30-9:00 Plant Raffle
Note: If you would like to attend the full meeting please arrive for 7:00, if you would like to attend the presentation only please arrive during the refreshment between 7:20 and 7:30.
Who We Are
The Native Plant Study Group is dedicated to learning about the native plants of British Columbia as wild populations and in garden settings, while promoting their use and conservation. Our diverse membership ranges from biologists to hobby gardeners, from horticulturists to plant enthusiasts.
General meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month from September to May (except December) and feature a speaker, draw for native plants and discussion.