Sow, Grow, Enjoy!
What is Seedy Saturday?
Seedy Saturday is an annual event that provides a wonderful opportunity to gain knowledge about gardening in Central Vancouver Island and access to heritage seeds, plants, and garden-related supplies and tools.
This list covers most of the activities you’ll find at the event:
- In the SEED SWAP room, you can share your saved seeds with other local gardeners, or just buy seeds others have saved (at very low cost).
- Local garden-related VENDORS have their seeds, plants, and related goods for sale.
- Expert SPEAKERS discuss many aspects of gardening.
- MASTER GARDENERS are on hand to help with your gardening problems.
- NURSERIES from the region are well represented with lots of specimens for you to choose from, or just to admire.
- SEED CATALOGUES are available.
- Enjoy the SHOOTS WITH ROOTS family program with your children.
- Buy a RAFFLE ticket to support the QBSS Association, and, perhaps win a great prize.
- Have a snack, lunch, or just a beverage at the SEEDY CAFE.